Un-Managed Services

      This article isn’t going to make us popular.  Not with the technology community at least.  The entire information technology ecosystem of solution providers, value-added resellers, professional services companies, managed services providers, and dare-we-say technology manufacturers, have built a trillion-plus global business over the years.  There’s only one problem:  They built this for themselves, not for you.  Don’t get me wrong, without this ecosystem being constructed over the past few decades, we wouldn’t be where we are today.  Not just technologically.  We (that’s all of us) wouldn’t be in this greatest time of having near everything we want, on-demand.  But there is an old saying: What got us here, won’t get us there.   We at Qube believe these words are true now more than ever.  Essentially, you have a simple question to ask. At what point do you want to start leveraging technology to dramatically move your business forward instead of becoming a slave to the very technology model that got you here.  We now live in a time where the smallest of companies can compete with the very largest of companies.  So do you want to hang on to a legacy approach to technology?  One that built countless wealth for VARs, Solution Providers, Managed Service companies, and the hardware and software manufacturers that built such complex products that required an entire ecosystem in the first place?  Or do you want to start using their inventions to become your gains?

     Look, I don’t care if you’re a 20-user shop or a multi-billon corporation. You’re paying too much for technology.  And don’t get it twisted.  The cost of technology is both in the tangible – hardware, software, support contracts, professional services engagement, managed services contracts, etc. – and in the intangible, i.e. unquantifiable.  That is opportunity costs, time and energy spent into working for your technology instead of your technology working for you. Time you will never get back that took you and your company away from what you’re truly good at.  Flat out, you’re paying too much.  There are a few companies doing this right.  Very few.  Chances are, you’re not one of them.  And that’s okay.  It’s not your fault.  Did I mention the technology ecosystem is a Trillion (with a T) dollar industry?  They didn’t get that way without knowing how to sell.

     The reality is new companies have a huge advantage on you.  They don’t have years of investment into building huge infrastructures.  They are able to start using the most effective technology and they can start using it immediately.  It’s not because they are better than you, it’s because they don’t know any differently.  You see, that’s their greatest asset is their naiveté.  You remember that time, don’t you?  Complete unabashed ambition.  You would stop at nothing to get where you wanted to go.  The difference is that in 2017, there are countless solutions that can take a dream of an idea and make it a reality… easily.  Incredibly easily.  The same is true for us as well.  We just have to be brave enough to make the move.  We have to be strong enough to abandon our pride and embrace these solutions that are better than anything we’ve done before- anything we’ve known before.  We have to be smart enough not to fight it and not let ourselves get in the way.  Like Stephen Covey wisely has said: It’s not easy, but it is simple.  

     Because It IS simple.

     We build solutions that require significantly less management.  90%+ less management.  If you want to do this remaining 10% yourself, be our guest.  Or let us take that one for you.  Here’s what we can tell you, though.  There will be no other costs to your infrastructure.  No upgrades.  No projects.  Nothing.  We put in solutions that work for you now and that will continue to work for you day after day. month after month, year after year.  Without any additional costs.  In fact, our solutions actually get better over time.  That’s right, they update themselves, protecting you from security risks while ensuring you always have the latest features applied at all times.

About the author

Leave a Reply